Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"Rebel Chic"





For my merchandising, costing, and specification class, our homework was to
  1. Describe the demographic/psychographic customer profile
  2. Make a visual collage to show who is your customer

This is what I happily (& i'm not being sarcastic) stayed up doing last night... took me an estimate of 3 hours.
  • 1 hr looking for pictures at the FIDM annex & printing them out
  • 30 mins cutting paper out & laying it out
  • 1hr putting it together
  • 10 mins hand drawing the "Rebel Chic" part, because I forgot to print out the title
  • 30 -45 mins adding finishing touches
Click, Click! = bigger :D


I was on my "Artistic Mode" when doing this project. I love when I'm on artistic mode. It makes me happy.
I turn up some music and forget all the shit in the world.


Even though making a collage can be the simplest thing in the world, just slap on some paper on a board. Then "Ta-Da!" its done.

Being me, I actually needed to lay out each piece with a sense of direction or work it like a puzzle.

While I was doing this project, I had to "Go all out" because I wanted to kill.... wait, "hurt" 2 birds with one stone. lol.
Once I get my project back, I hope get back!
but anyways, I wanted to hang it on my "wall of fame";

Next to my color and design project that I did my 1st quarter at FIDM...

Click, Click! = bigger :D


wait, (continuation...) actually I want "hurt 3 birds with one stone" because I wanted to also use it for my portfolio...

So I had to do some crafting with my "handy dandy... glue gun!" thank goodness I asked my mother to send them to me.

I added some chains, pearl and attempted to make (foil) studs to make it more of a 2D effect.


I was soo happy with my finish product! I fell in "love"...

I had a 9 hour class day at FIDM, so I had to lug my poster around campus for 6 hours before merch class. Sadly, the edges of my border got crinkly and my chain detached, luckily not the whole piece!


Let me tell you one thing... or a few things actually.

I thought I did a good job on my collage.
It "stood out". It was complimented on. It was pretty!

but you know what killed it? my presence when I talked about it in class!

At first I projected good, but then it slowly died down because I got nervous and lost, and pretty much ended with the words "and yeah?" lol.


I dislike how I get shy or nervous when I talk in front of the class. I use to be fine, I actually use to want to be the first, or well second one to present to class because I wanted to get it over with.

I just wish I made my collage "proud"!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment